- Ad Source: Craigslist
- Location: Montclair, New Jersey
- Model Year: 1978
- Model: Landmark
- Miles: 170K
- Engine: Not Listed
- Asking Price: $6,300
- Seller Type: Private
- Contact Info: Email Seller
This vw camper bus is extremely rare. In fact it is said that there may be only 1 or 2 others like it in the world with the original parts & interior, along with this color coordination. This bus is very unique, supposedly there were only about 200 ever made. National coach was the company that did these landmark conversions. Based in carson california they serviced mostly the west coast dealers. Fortunately this one made it to the east coast and was sold to me buy a very nice family who had it since the late 70’s.
I would really like to sell it to someone who will fully restore it to the beautiful bus it has the potential to be.
Here’s a list of what needs to be done & what i would do to fully restore this camper, which isn’t much considering how old it is.
– driver side window regulator needs to be fixed
– sun/moon roof needs to be unsealed & repaired
– dent on roof can be easily popped out
– manual shift linkage adjustment
– fix minor rust repair & blemishes
– small dent and scrape in back corner
– overall full cleaning of interior: shag rug; leather; upholstery; etc
– if you want to do full restoration you could repaint exterior & re-chrome any chrome that is slightly rusted along with re-chroming the bumpers or replace them with new chrome ones so it would match the original set up
– replacement of windshield wipers
– new battery
– tune up
Below are some links to more info on this camper and in these links there are many photos to show the potential this camper has to be restored. You’ll also notice that once these campers are fully restored they have a much higher value. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
1978 vw camper landmark conversion links: